About the location
Scottsdale is the western getaway you may have never known you needed. Throw away any preconceived notions of what you might think it means to journey through the wild west, because Scottsdale is an oasis in the desert, filled with luxury spas, posh restaurants, lively bars, must-see hotels, and endless shopping! In recent years, Scottsdale has become a booming resort destination and picture-perfect vacation spot in central Arizona, just a short drive from Phoenix. making for an ideal girls' weekend getaway! To make your weekend memorable and take full advantage of all Scottsdale has to offer, this Guide features everything you need to know about Scottsdale's hip accommodations, restaurant offerings, bars and clubs, spas, hikes, shopping, and more. So, grab your adventure-loving friends and hit the road - a relaxing and energizing weekend in the desert is just what the doctor ordered!
Comprehensive Hotel & Airbnb Reviews
Tons of new hotels and Airbnbs are popping up in Scottsdale. I share some of the best, plus a review of the exact hotel I stayed at and why!
How to Spend a Day Poolside in Scottsdale (even if you're not staying at a hotel)
A day spent poolside in Scottsdale is a must. I've included a full page in my guide on Scottsdale's pool scene and the best spots to visit.
In this guide, you will find:
- Transportation tips in and around Scottsdale
- Hotel and Airbnb tips to help guide your search for the cutest place to stay (helloooo #instalove, I got you!)
- 3 full pages of food recommendations to cover everyone's tastebuds (even your picky best friend's)
- Drink suggestions, with everything from wineries, to cocktail bars, to Scottsdale's live music scene
- 3 full pages of things to do, including information about Scottsdale's spas, hikes, and tours
- Tips on how to take full advantage of a quintessential day in Scottsdale: lounging poolside, drink in hand, at a hip hotel. I share tips on exactly how to do this, whether you're staying at a hotel or not
- A packing list to help kickstart your vacation prep
Featured in this guide
Great for these trips
5.0 (1 review)
Celebrating 40 in Scottsdale
With only a few days to celebrate, Rachel's guide cut through the clutter of researching and planning and helped us get right to spending those precious hours enjoying the highlights of Scottsdale and each other. Our favorites include brunch at Acadia Farms Cafe and a wonderful hike at Camelback Mountain. Thank you Rachel. ~Josie