About the location
The North Shore is everything you could possibly want out of a perfect trip to Hawaii – beautiful beaches, great food, breathtaking landscapes, a laid-back and uncomplicated pace, and the friendliest people. Growing up on Oahu, the North Shore was always my favorite place to escape on the weekends and get away from the world. You'll feel that way too once you're here!
The North Shore region of the island sits right at the northernmost tip of the island of Oahu. But to be clear, the North Shore isn’t just one beach or one town. It’s a whole series of beaches, towns, and neighborhoods dotting the northern and northwestern coasts of the island. Because of how sprawling the area is, and how beautiful this part of the island is in general, there are tons of stops worth making.
If you're short on time or want to make sure you're getting the best possible experience out of your time in the North Shore, I've included absolutely everything you need to know in order to do just that. Definitely plan to spend at least 1 day (or 2) exploring the North Shore while you're in Oahu – you won't be sorry you did!
Beaches, Shopping, Hiking, Zip-lining, and More
No matter what you're seeking, there are 6 full pages in this guide dedicated to ensuring you find something for everyone on this trip!
Local Culture and Information Throughout
Plan your trip with a local (born and raised!) leading the way. Everything in this guide is fully vetted by me and my personal experiences.
In this guide, you will find:
- Geography (how to navigate the island)
- Transportation tips, whether you're renting a vehicle or planning to use public transportation
- Hotel and AirBnb tips, both for the North Shore and Waikiki depending on where your base will be
- 2 full pages of coffee shops, restaurants, and dessert stops to try while you're in the North Shore
- Bars and happy hour destinations to try
- 6 full pages dedicated to all of the activities that can be done in the North Shore, from the many beaches in the area, to water sports rentals, hiking, shopping, ziplining, and more
- Hidden gems: things you might not find in a quick Google search that might make your North Shore experience that much more unique!
- Local culture, tips, and etiquette
- A packing list to help kickstart your vacation prep
Featured in this guide
Great for these trips
This guide has not been reviewed yet.